Allwest offers a variety of transcription services. Our standard delivery time is 10 business days, but we also offer expedited services including 5 business day delivery, 24 hour delivery and daily transcripts. Daily transcripts, bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
We have experience transcribing a wide variety of files, including Tax Court of Canada proceedings, Federal Court of Canada proceedings, Immigration and Refugee Board hearing, investigations, disciplinary tribunals, conversations, seminars, research projects and insurance matters.
All transcripts are done to the specifications of our clients, including page formatting. We will work with our clients to ensure our services are tailored to their specific needs to keep costs reasonable.
- Monitor or test the recording to ensure audio quality and that the subject can be clearly heard.
- Take notes and provide proper spellings. This dramatically increases the accuracy of transcript.
- Always place the microphone closest to the person who is the most important to record.
- If you cannot properly hear the person talking ask them to speak up or repeat what they have said.
- Make recordings in quiet locations with low background noise.
- Prevent background noise by shutting off TVs, radios etc.
- Avoid placing microphone near fans or vents.
- Avoid placing objects over microphones such as papers or books.
When you've been in business as long as we have, you understand that sometimes things don't go as well as planned, especially when it comes to audio recordings. Our talented staff is very experienced in handling challenging recordings, be it interpreted conversations, technical language, background noises or just a poor recording.
For poor recordings, specifically, we have a few technical tricks that can help turn a previously impossible to hear recording into a transcribeable file. If you find yourself in such a position, please give us a call and we'll see if we can help. Please note there may be an additional charge for this service.
BECAUSE WHAT YOU SAY